Monday, August 23, 2010

It's our 1 year anniversary, with Max.



Max with his full head of hair.
One year ago today we received Max from Mike and Mere.  He went through quite a rough transfer going from house to house for a while until he landed on our doorstep courtesy of my mom sister and grandma who drove him to Chicago after a dropping off baby shower gifts for Mere and spending some time in DC.  As I thoughtfully told Max one day "You enrich our lives."  That pretty much sums it up.  It has been a ton of fun having him around, even though letting him out in the morning when it is snowing is not so much fun.  While "daddy" forgot to pickup a cupcake dog treat from the pet store, Max did still get a long walk with Mommy and her friend Lindsay.  What's even better was that after the walk Emilie and Max cooked together which also another way of saying max got some really good snacks. 

Max gets one of these bully bones after each grooming     




Max at his first Christmas in Chicago
We affectionately call this one "Bed Beard"
Max still knows Mike's Whistle and gets really excited when he visits too (same goes for Mere)
Max checking out the newest addition to the family while Mike and Mere visited during Christmas

1 comment:

The Schimmels said...

Oh we love that little guy, and how blessed we are that you guys adopted him and spoil him rotten! I can't believe it has been a year! And that is the BIGGEST bully I have ever seen!!!!! I will get one of those for Lou next time I visit!
XOXO
Mere