Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Faithfulness

Its been a long past few weeks for me. My parents were gone in Florida helping out my grandma with her house and its possible sale, I am working a bunch and Emilie was in Paris for 10 days. In that time and before that Gods incredible grace and love have surrounded Emilie and I. It is more apparent to me than I have ever experienced before. I am humbled daily when I think about the love that God has given me, that he allows me experience and to be able to give. A lot of this just comes around the fact that I feel that it is so crucially important for people, Christians to have someone that they can talk to about anything.
I have been digging through some of my past that has been very painful and God has really been there for me. I have experienced His grace for my life, and understand how He will use all things for our good. It is very difficult to understand the Love that God has for each of us until we see it at work in your own life or someone close to you. Back to my original thought, finding someone who you trust, who is a God fearing person, whom you can talk with anything about. God says that we are forgiven when we confess sins to Him, but also that we must go and confess our sins to the people that they have hurt. God has pushed me to do this and I already see a difference in my life. Telling someone you deepest secrets, things you never wanted to tell another sole because of embarrassment, or shame or whatever the case is, is a freeing experience. Now its not always going to be good, I will still have to be held responsible for my sin and things I have done. Nor is it going to be easy, but I see God working in me, and opening doors that I shut because I didn't feel I was "good enough" to take hold of what God wanted for my life. I can only express that I know God will honor your commitments to Him as he has already honored mine.
Our faith is something is something that we must act out in community and individually. When it comes to sin though its something best done in community. There is support, and love available when things are done in this manner. Look to the early church in Acts as an example of how we as Christians should be striving to live out our lives.

Thanks for everyones prayers!

Make sure you are checking out my cousin Patrick's bog about his time in Swaziland and how the support raising is going for him so he can return to Africa for 2 more years.

Once again Check out Susan Rodgers Blog posting "hungry" . She always has such awesome tid bits about her time in Swaziland

No comments: