I gave in and finally bought a bike that I have been wanting since my first week at REI. It is a Novara Divano.

Its fun! I took it out a few times already for some rides of 15 and 30 miles respectively this weekend. I enjoy it so much and it gives me time to think, and to be physically active; something that has been lack recently. If anyone needs a road riding parter up here let me know.
The two jobs thing has worn on me a little but there has been relief on some weekends. It is nice to relax on Saturdays but unfortunately Sundays are becoming part of the weekly grind. With Church, often work, and bible study on Sundays its almost like just another day. Thankfully our Bible study group is amazing and they provide great friends, relationships and a good time.
On the topic of the Bible study Emilie and I will be taking over bible study. We have grown enough that we need to multiply out ( which is awesome an sad) and we will be leading now on Wed nights. We are excited to see God bring new people and all the people our age that used to come around but have no place they fit in at our church. Our group is going to try to fit that niche.
Oh traveling, the other fun part of my life. Emilie and I are hoping to go visit my Brother and sister in law out in DC for memorial Day. We want to be able to hang out with them, relax and just be with them. Its very different having them be so far away after years of them living in Chicago and I really miss having them close. Not my traveling but fun none the less: Emilie leaves for Paris on Wednesday evening for 9 days to visit her host family from her study abroad and to meet up with a friend in Paris for the week and just enjoy life out there again for a little while. Needless to say I wish I could go with, but somebody has to work around here :)
Well lots of ramblings. Back to work and maybe some lunch soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment